Warm Weather Arrives
Seems safe to leave the plants out at night once more. We’ve been bringing them inside the last several evenings, out of fear of freezing. Believe it or not, we just had a late heavy snowfall. But now, with a Boulder Spring in progress, it is time to switch sheets to Percale and avoid those hot summer sweats.
All across town, there are signs of folks bringing their yards back to life. Now, my brother in law, he’s been out there all year long, so his yard looks amazing. But for the rest of us, now is the time to consider Boulder spring time projects. Here are some we are working on at home:
Handyman out to sand deck and remove old paint/stain.
- Painter over to re-stain the deck. Really important in Colorado to remember – we are a mile high. The sun has a powerful affect on wood, so protect your fences and decks by staining on a regular basis to avoid costly fixes later.
- We are also re-doing our fence. Our neighbor Anthony agreed to share the cost which is great. Good fences make good neighbors.
- And of course, my wife is busy finding flower baskets that scream Boulder spring has sprung. We are mowing our lawn once more (not my favorite sign of the change of seasons) and looking to add new plants.
Speaking Of The Season
Is it too odd to mention sunscreen? Boulder, like Denver, is a Mile High City. This puts us much closer to the sun and the potential to get too much of a good thing: sunshine. Be sure to wear an appropriator sunblock.
Boulder Spring Activities
The Bolder Boulder is fast approaching. Are you registered for the biggest fun run around? There is nothing like entering the stadium for a victory lap with thousands clapping you on to a great finish. After the race, there is a fly over, plenty to see and do.
- The Boulder Creek Festival is also on Memorial Day Weekend. You don’t have to be a kid to love the duck race, all the great food vendors and all around good energy of Boulder.
- Colorado Shakespeare Festival is back this year. Wonderful way to while away an evening or wow that special someone. Reminds me of the time back in the 5th grade when I played Brutus. My cue for my big speech was Caesar uttering, “Et tu, Brute.”
- Great skiing remains at Arapahoe Basin. I heard last weekend while dealing with a Boulder spring snow storm, there was great knee deep powder at A-Basin.
Change Of Season Activities
Weather. I mean, whether you are planning to move or not this year, the change of season is a great time to take care of your home. Yard projects, taking care of fencing and decks, even small items like replacing the filter on your furnace can have a big impact on energy costs and home enjoyment. Some additional posts you might enjoy:
For the latest housing stats, check back tomorrow. Every Saturday I list the most current High and Low sale in the City of Boulder, Colorado to close in the past seven days. It is a great way to stay informed.