The Boulder real estate market is a great place to sell a home. With its unique open space policy and high quality of life, Boulder values tend to be on the higher side. Still, to get maximum value, owners need to have homes in good condition when selling. These are my suggested Seller Repairs Required When Selling Homes in Boulder Colorado.
- The HVAC System – Owners should inspect the furnace and/or air conditioner prior to selling. Make certain the systems is safe and operating correctly. For instance, a cracked heat exchanger is considered a health and safety issue. This sort of problem cannot be detected with the naked eye; it allows carbon monoxide to enter the home which is deadly dangerous.
- Structural issues are major concerns. This is one of the top seller repairs required when selling homes in Boulder Colorado. Rock Creek is notorious for Bentonite clay. When this dirt comes into contact with water, it absorbs the moisture. If a home has Bentonite around its foundation, it can cause movement and structural issues.
- Radon is high. Radon Gas can occur in any home. Mitigation is a minimal fee.
- Health and Safety concerns. Big or small, these items should be addressed by owners when selling in Boulder Colorado. CDC Reference on healthy homes here.
- Not every repair needs to be a major expense. Hail storms and high winds can damage roofs. seller repairs required when selling homes in Boulder Colorado can include a new roof, so consider contacting your insurance agent after a big storm.
A good defense is usually considered a great offense. Be sure to do your annual chores around your home to keep it in great order. And consider having a home pre inspection before going on the market. This is a great way to find out what’s going on with your home and reduce seller repairs required when selling homes in Boulder Colorado!